Wow...what a wonderful Christmas/holiday season we had. We were able to spend time with Brian's side of the family and celebrate his Granny's 80th birthday. Coming from a relatively small family it is so nice to be surrounded by a big family. I loving watching all the younger grand and great-grandchildren interacting with each other and I think they came out of the party with some awesome loot.
Then on Christmas Eve we spent then evening with mine, Brian's & Jeff's (Lindsay's husband) parents at Jeff's parent's house. It was a delicious meal and a great time. It was really nice to have all three families together. We got back pretty late and was rushing around to make sure everything was ready for Santa to make a visit at our house.
Santa was very good to us this year, especially Gabriella. In he morning she came to our room to wake us up and she missed what Santa had brought her. But when she walked into the living room her eyes first saw the "Little People" Nativity Set and Gabriella yelled out "Look! It is baby Jesus". This year was so memorable and special because she really enjoyed Christmas but there was so much that at one point she asked to stop opening presents. It also was influenced by her being sick. She developed a cough and fever on Christmas Eve and by the next week, she had two ear infections (our first) and bronchitis/walking pneumonia, where she had to use an inhaler to treat her wheezing. Let's just say I questioned my mothering skills and intuition and felt so badly that my little girl was so sick.
"The Stockings were hung on the Chimney with care"
"Look! it is baby Jesus!!!"
Later, Christmas evening we went to Cici & Papa's house with them and Grandma for a lite meal and of course more presents.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Christmas
Posted by The Morris Family at 10:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
It looks like y'all had an awesome Christmas! I love Gabriella's little kitchen. I saw the ticker with the baby countdown...I CANNOT believe that baby is less than 6 weeks away from his arrival...how exciting!!
Post a Comment