Monday, May 18, 2009

Schools out for the Summer!!!

I cannot believe that Gabriella's last day of preschool was Friday. This school year went by so fast. She had an amazing year of growth and wonderful teachers. I was very pleased with her experience. To end the school year her preschool had a Spring Festival where all of the kids sang some songs for the parents and had their artwork hanging up for us to ohh and ahh.

First, a little side note, Gabriella is VERY out going on her terms. She will be the life of the party or center of attention, but anytime that she is somewhere without Brian and I, and then sees us, she has a meltdown if she can't get to us immediately. So I warned the grandparents to not draw too much attention to themselves so she wouldn't spaz out and run off the stage. When the kids were walking into the room singing, Gabriella was looking for us. Once she got on the stage she was stretching her neck to see if she could find someone she knew in the crowd. I felt so bad because she really looked like she wanted to say hi. Before she spotted us she was singing and very animated. Once the twos were the only ones standing and singing Gabriella spotted me in the crowd and let out a huge scream. Quickly her teacher picked her up and found me. If you know me, you know I do NOT like attention drawn to me and everyone in the Great Hall turned and looked at me. For about 10 minutes I was bright red and sweating of embarrassment. Needless to say, that before her meltdown Gabriella was really adorable on stage with her classmates.

Gabriella is on the with her mouth wide open and the yellow bow in her hair.




Gabriella's artwork

0 comments: