On Tuesday, Brayden was one month old, and today we went to the pediatrician to have his one month check. First off, I was nervous because I thought I was going to be given a guilt trip about not nursing anymore. I stopped nursing Brayden about a week and a half ago and started mixing formula into his bottles. I just found that he took took long to eat and I wasn't being fair to Gabriella. We would be stuck in the house all day and I am not one for nursing in public. Not that I look down on those who do, I just can't do it. I am scared a boob will pop out for the world to see. I am really impressed with those moms who have more than one child and can nurse them for a longer period of time. Plus, Brian enjoys sharing the process of feeding our children and wanted to be included. I am also in a wedding in a week and I didn't want to have to deal with pumping and nursing in a bridesmaid dress. Call me selfish but I am much happier now. Probably TMI.
Heading to the doctor's office I was anxious to see how much he had grown in 4 weeks. Wanted to make sure he was getting enough or not too much. Wow, when we got there and I stripped him down to be weighed and he is was 10 lbs. 14 oz. That is pretty impressive when he was born 8 lb 4 oz and then in two days dropped to 7 lb 3 oz. It doesn't help that we have a hungry boy and takes about 5-6 oz at each feeding. Of course Brayden had to mark his territory on the scale. It shot all over the place, fortunately that hasn't happened to me too many times, when it does it is like a fire hose. Then we headed back in to the examine room and his length was 23 in. When he was born he was 19 3/4 in., which we thought was wrong and had him measured again before we left the hospital, but he had still measured shorter than 20 inches. Compared to other children his age he is in the 90% for height (to be expected) and 80 % weight. Brian seemed a little disappointed in his weight, he is hoping for a future UGA offensive linemen, I am hoping for more of a corner back, wide receiver or quarterback. Gabriella at 4 weeks was 10 lbs 1/4 oz (90%) and 22 in (93 %). Everything checked out normal except with a small heart mummer. The doctor said this is common and should clear up by 4 months. I had a mummer when I was born and it is genetic. If it doesn't clear up then we will be referred, but right now I am not too concerned. His reflexes were excellent and he almost turned over from his tummy to his back. Brayden was very good at his visit even though his was hungry, he was patient to wait for his bottle. Overall his disposition is very chill, he goes with the flow. The only time he really gets worked up is when I change his diaper and when it is time to eat. We are so blessed to have a happy and healthy baby boy.
Brayden 3/3/09, 4 weeks old
Gabriella 9/22/09, 4 weeks old
Friday, March 6, 2009
1 Month Well Baby
Posted by The Morris Family at 2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Jeff's hoping for a GA quarterback as well! Maybe Cole and Brayden will play on the same team one day! ;) Cole's got a lot of catching up to do, though! He only weighs 6 lbs 5 ounces at 2 weeks! Can't wait to see you guys next time we are in GA!
Post a Comment