Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Last week was a busy one.

Last week Gabriella and I got to take Brayden to the zoo for the first time. He enjoyed the trip by sleeping pretty much the whole time except when he woke up to eat. He also got to ride his first train.


Gabriella & Jordan climbing a gorilla


First train ride

On Wednesday, Brayden became congested and was having trouble eating his bottle, so I took him to the doctor. He was diagnosed with a simple head cold, but for a 5 week old it could turn pretty serious.

Brian and I were in Elizabeth & Brian's wedding on Saturday. With weddings you have all of the activities of luncheons, rehearsal & rehearsal dinner and of course the wedding day. Gabriella spent the weekend with Mimi & Poppy while Brayden got to attend his first wedding and events.


Allison, Elizabeth & Thao at luncheon


Bridal Party


Elizabeth and I before the big walk down the isle

We had a great time until Brayden started to feel pretty bad. He became very fussy and he is NOT a fussy baby, so I knew something was up. Well, he ended up having more congestion. So much that he really was having a hard time breathing, so we cut our night short, sorry Elizabeth, and headed to the ER. I was scared and at first Brian thought I was over reacting, but better safe than sorry. When we got there the doctor told us we didn't need to dress up on their behalf, Brian was still in his tux and I was in my bridesmaid dress. The respiratory specialist sucked, sucked and sucked gunk out of Brayden's nose and then it was instant relief.



His head is still a little stuffed up but he is feeling better. He was tested for RSV and strep, everything was negative. Hopefully in the next couple of days he will be all better.

0 comments: